PC23 LNER Bogie Brick Wagon Kit metal wheels
Around Peterborough, the Great Northern Railway served extensive brick works which supplied the London market. To give extra brake power to the heavy brick and coal trains from Peterborough, the GNR built in 1921, some 50 ton fully braked fitted wagons to carry bricks. A gross laden weight of over 60 tons would be a very effective brake.
In 1903 the LNER built a further 25, it is this variation which is depicted in this kit. Built in 1930 to diagram 70 to carry brick between Peterborough and London. Examples were in use until 1966.