The MGA replaced the T series cars and represented a complete styling break from the older vehicles.
The car was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show of 1955. It was replaced by the MGB when production ceased in July 1962.
101,081 units were sold the vast majority of which were exported with only 5869 cars sold on the home market.
Produced by MG division of the British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962.