76JAG7006 OXFORD DIECAST Jaguar Mk VII in racing green
Launched at the 1950 British International Motor Show, the prestigious Jaguar Mk VII was produced between 1951 and 1956 at the Coventry Works of Jaguar Cars.
The luxury four-door saloon featured a 3442 cc, 160 bhp engine capable of a speed of 100 mph and from 1952 it became the first Jaguar to be offered with optional automatic transmission. No wonder it was a favourite on the racing circuits of the era. During its lifetime, nearly 31000 rolled off the production line.
The Oxford model of the Jaguar MK VII, is seen here in 1:76 scale appearing in the truly British colour scheme of Racing Green, registered GCH 268. Contrasting silver trim looks great against the body colour, too. The interior is finished with pale green seating and a black steering wheel.
At a cost of £1695 in 1951, including taxes, the Jaguar Mk VII was thought beyond the reach of UK drivers, therefore Jaguar aimed their sights towards the export market but such was its appeal at home that Jaguar had to move to their Browns Lane premises to cope with demand.