76ASS001 OXFORD DIECAST Austin Seven RN Saloon - fawn
The Austin Seven was a car designed by Sir Herbert Austin in 1921, in conjunction with a young draughtsman Stanley Edge from the Austin factory at Longbridge.
This is a long wheelbase version of the Austin Seven De Luxe RN produced by the Austin Motor Company between 1931 and 1932.
The standard model had been introduced ten years earlier and was one of the most popular cars ever produced for the British market, selling around 290,000 between 1922 and final production in 1939.
The RN version was 6 inches longer than the standard Austin 7 with a corresponding increase in the rear track and was identified by the body number stamped behind the handbrake opening on the transmission tunnel with the prefix RN.
Registered YY1137 and is decorated in light fawn with black roof, mudguards, running board and base. The sunroof is masked in a contrasting satin black. Added detail includes cream coachlines and the mirror on the driver's side is finished in black with a silver arm.
The distinctive Austin badge features on the radiator and there is a spare spoked wheel fixed in the centre of the boot, while the wheel interiors, radiator grille and wipers have been given a silver finish. Internally, the dashboard, seats, interior door panels and 'carpet' are moulded in beige and a black steering wheel rounds the model off to miniature perfection.